Friday, August 31, 2007

More Bento

So lately I've been sticking with the Babybel-matzo-koala snack. Pretty tasty stuff. My main-dish has varied though. Yesterday, getting tired of the nutty pork stuff, I brought some pork-cabbage dumplings I bought at the Asian market, along with organic vichysoisse and edamame. (And forgot my pineapple juice because I was rushing due to cat piss on my backpack, but that's a story for the other blog.) The vichysoisse was a little more leek-y than the stuff I make at home, and very mild-tasting but otherwise not terrible. The dumplings, I was surprised to discover, taste exactly like my husband's mom's pyelmeni! Except less peppery, which is good for me, cause she puts WAY too much pepper in hers. I just ate them plain yesterday and found myself yearning for some butter and salt to put on top.

So today, more of the same. Probably not the vichysoisse today. Maybe some grapes or something. We'll see.

Also I have found I bought too many things that may go bad before I get a chance to use them, such as mango, grape tomatoes, a loaf of bread (we don't make sandwiches very often!), and a tub of roasted deli turkey. I must expand my horizons! Well, Labor Day is this weekend, and we both have arranged 4-day weekends for ourselves, so I may eat some of that stuff then.

No comments: