Sunday, March 16, 2008

Haven't posted in a while!

I keep forgetting to post here. Not to mention I have been kind of slacking on the cooking lately...

So tonight I made clam chowder and grilled cheese sandwiches, with chocolate pudding. All good except the pudding. Came out thick and gelatinous and unappetizing. Chocolate doesn't seem to be my strong suit... I do okay with fruity desserts and I can make a cake from a mix but every time I work with chocolate it seems like SOMETHING goes wrong. This time it was the texture, the time I made fudge it was the sugar boiling over and spilling all over the kitchen.

Mom's visiting in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty well decided I'm making that beef tenderloin with roasted shallot gravy because it was so unbelievably delicious, but beyond that I'm not sure. Some sort of potato dish, and I'd like to make something using leeks and fennel because I like cooking with them... specifically I made braised leeks once, where they were boiled until tender and then roasted and basted with butter/leek juices and they were SO RIDICULOUSLY GOOD but I suspect that it might not go so well with the beef/shallot, which is very rich.

No comments: